


So I am trying my hand at blogging. I guess the best place to start would be at the beginning. Of course in most of our lives we all have several new beginnings whether it is getting married, buying a house, or just starting a family. In my case we are blessed with all of these. Some more recent than others. My story starts when I married my best friend. Now we have a beautiful baby girl and a new house. But between all of that there is a story and I guess that is what blogging is all about. And since it is all about the baby these days we'll start there. When Autumn was born she was 2 months early, born on my birthday! Her due date was originally April 1st but arrived early morning Jan 30. She was so tiny. She weighed 3lbs 8oz and 15in long. I think that she was the most beautiful thing that I had ever seen! We did a lot of praying and she was just fine! Perfectly healthy just small. Everyone was surprised when she didn't need a breathing tube. Except me. I knew the Lord was watching over my baby girl and He continued to do so everyday! It was hard leaving her everyday but just knowing that we would be able to hold her the next day made it a little easier. You never realize how strong you are when the time calls for it. But that's God. The bible says that the joy of the Lord is our strength and we were all very much full of joy! We got to leave the hospital on Feb 27th and it was just a day full of excitement and a little bit of anxiety. Being first time parents is always a little scary when you don't know what to expect, especially when you are used to looking at moniters to know what is going on with your baby. But after all is said and done your instincts kick in and you just know what to do. And having a baby who is always smiling doesn't hurt either! So here are some pictures of the beginning of our story, our baby girl Autumn Olivia McGuire.
No comments:
Post a Comment